Samfirmware introduced new bada 2 firmware yesterday. Well, i missed yesterday to blog about it. Lets see, whats new in this firmware. I have not yet flashed with this firmware, but our Forum Users have reported some significant changes in this firmware.
They said that Dolfin is much faster and responsive than before and there is a battery percentage icon on the top. Lock screen is very fast and task manager is redesigned. Have a look at completer changelog of s8500 below :
- New wallpaper (same as on the Galaxy Tabs)
- Smoother transition effects
- Smooth multitouch in the browser and the gallery
- Battery percentage
- Chat ON is now in its final version as on Samsung Apps
- Music hub now can identify the country you are in (Blocks the countries that the service is not available in it )
- This FW is compiled on 5th October
- Fota added!
- Dolfin is too much faster now
- Youtube login bug is gone
- Camera App is now more than perfect (Rotation is fixed)
- Some bada 1.2 APIs are fixed (like in tweet caster login page & unseen 3 dots menus)
- Caster App is now working perfectly (you can download IE extension by sending its URL to your e-mail)
- Loading cursor smaller!
- On appstore themes you can acces directly Theme-settings
- Taskmanager design changed! You see the active apps!
- FB Push works!
- The “pull-up” list on some apps was “invisible”, now you can see everything good like in bada 1.2
- Screen lock is very fast now. Locks very fast..
- Other sounds
- Voice cmd app has some issues in recognizing words correctly (workaround : use the mic icon in the keyboard)
- Lock screen seems a little bit slower
- Apps are starting up slower like Facebook and Twitter