[PORT] Porting of Android 2.3 on S8500 & S8530 Wave[PORT]

Share and discuss any information about porting Android on bada phones. Warning: Port at your own risk! We are not responsible for damaged phones.

[PORT] Porting of Android 2.3 on S8500 & S8530 Wave[PORT]

Postby adi4u4882 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:03 am

I have created this Thread to make another attempt to Port Android 2.3 on Samsung S8500 Wave. Since the existing Port at XDA ended unexpectedly. I have asked help from some Developers at XDA to Resume or Start the Port. I surely believe that the port can be successful if all help. I will keep you guys Posted IF i get a Positive Reply from the Dev(s).

EDIT 1: The Devs at XDA agreed to help us continue the project. I will post more information as soon as i receive their work(Gingerbread kernel).

EDIT 2: The Devs at @ XDA started working on the GB port. If you want to follow the process visit this Thread.

EDIT:3 Finally Oleg posted in a Russian Forum that all the time he was working for the port. There are some major developments. Here is his reply(Translated from Russian).

Hello dear friends,
I am sorry for my long "disappearing" from the forum. All this time while I was gone I still have worked on the Port.
Video driver for our polish friends is almost done and soon I will send it to them and it`s testing will begin.
Our polish friends also progress their work on modem. Another person joined the project from the S8500 forum. They have the same problems with the modem.
I decided to add a little change in the S8500 microchip fuel gauge Max1704x which is connected to the modem and solder it to the main CPU and change the sbl. I have the work - model with the right battery. That´s where I need help - does someone have the right soldering station and most of all no shaky hands?
I also possess the S8600 now and look into it - Problem is the same - Microchip is connected to the modem.

The video driver for the S8530 is written by me and was send to Rebellos yesterday.
Also yesterday Rebellos finished analyzing the modem protocol, which means soon we can await a working version of sec-ril library for Android on S8500 (S8530)
After that GSM (3G) and GPS should work.

Since I don`t have a S8530 device, Rebellos tested the videodriver.
It worked and we are working on it so the colors are shown correctly by the device. There you have it - Android for the S8530.
When it comes to Cyanogenmod - When the fully working kernel for S8500/S8530 is ready then you can do just about anything, which also means Cyanogen.

We can expect some alpha or even beta version's for S8500 &S8530.

EDIT 4:

Oleg wanted to test and debug live in the S8530 he was asking for someone to give him the device ..and now someone named smax87 has given Oleg the device.

EDIT 5:

Oleg stated in badablog.ru "Как и обещал, видеодрайвер я допилил))Всё выводится правильно, цвета правильные, подстветка экрана тоже работает.Выложу завтра фотки))))"

Translation:
As promised I finished the video driver. Everything is displayed correctly, colors are shown correct. Background lighting is working now, too. Tomorrow i will post photos.

EDIT 6:

Как и обещал, видеодрайвер я допилил))Всё выводится правильно, цвета правильные,
подстветка экрана тоже работает.Выложу завтра фотки))))

Translation:
As promised I finished the video driver. Everything is displayed correctly, colors are shown correct. Background lighting is working now, too. Tomorrow i will post photos.

This id for S8530 Wave devices.

:D Hit The Thanks Button If I Had Helped You! :D
Follow me on Twitter @Adi4u4882
adi4u4882
Top Poster
Top Poster

Topic Starter
Thanks given: 86 times
Thanks received: 231 times

The following users thanked adi4u4882 for this post: abdulmubeenz, Boki92, frank, nav_94, salarjung, shuhailnp, wave8530

Re: Trying to Flash Android 2.3 on Wave using Odin!

Postby f.h.2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:09 am

good but ....
you are like a lion or something more
i'll tell you lionheart

if you tried and it worked tellllll us
f.h.2
Bada Senior
Bada Senior

Thanks given: 3 times
Thanks received: 7 times

Postby badelemental » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:23 am

adi4u4882 wrote:EDITED

If you are into this then try using unbreakable mod developed by xda develpers. Rebellos is a part of that team. if you know how to do soldier a register then you could eaisly do this.Just search for it on xda or contact rebellos on xda. This is the fantastic invention at XDA in recent times.

And one thig more trying to flash the rom will not work. you have to configure your kernel to work with hw of wave.Untill now only oleg_k was only developer who was capable to do this.May be you could contact him to know more about this. if it would have been that easy we would have android on our wave long ago. I think odin will not able to flash wave. You have to put the kernal image using jtag box:silent

So why not give it a Try? What do you guys think?

Why ask ?? just do what do you want to do with your wave. I am sure you are not a noob and have some kind of knowledge of what you are doing. Or you want to create some kind of hype by making post like these. :?: Dont take it personally.... I am not being offensive in any way. Just cant find another way to state the words. i am not a native eng speaker.
badelemental
Bada Junior
Bada Junior

Thanks given: 25 times
Thanks received: 8 times

Postby adi4u4882 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:42 am

badelemental wrote:If you are into this then try using unbreakable mod developed by xda develpers. Rebellos is a part of that team. if you know how to do soldier a register then you could eaisly do this.Just search for it on xda or contact rebellos on xda. This is the fantastic invention at XDA in recent times.

And one thig more trying to flash the rom will not work. you have to configure your kernel to work with hw of wave.Untill now only oleg_k was only developer who was capable to do this.May be you could contact him to know more about this. if it would have been that easy we would have android on our wave long ago. I think odin will not able to flash wave. You have to put the kernal image using jtag box:silent

So why not give it a Try? What do you guys think?

Why ask ?? just do what do you want to do with your wave. I am sure you are not a noob and have some kind of knowledge of what you are doing. Or you want to create some kind of hype by making post like these. :?: Dont take it personally.... I am not being offensive in any way. Just cant find another way to state the words. i am not a native eng speaker.

No Offfence Taken! I just wanted you views regarding this! :) And i have asked help from other devs from xda. I will try to do whatever i can to have Android on my wave! 8-) I think i will change the Topic to Prevent any Miss-understanding.
adi4u4882
Top Poster
Top Poster

Topic Starter

Re: [PORT] Porting of Android 2.3 on S8500 Wave[PORT]

Postby kadavil » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:21 am

Lol you got banned from XDA??
You cant use ODIN on wave unless you modify the bootloader (Srg.master did it but didnt go ahead with the flashing)
Forget the port.. im getting a galaxy SL after selling my wave...
kadavil
Donor
Top Poster
Top Poster

Thanks given: 81 times
Thanks received: 153 times

Postby adi4u4882 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:26 am

kadavil wrote:Lol you got banned from XDA??
Forget the port.. im getting a galaxy SL after selling my wave...

That was a Temporary Ban. And Good for you. But i wont be getting any Phones from now onwards for atleast for 1 more year i will be using only wave. Acctually iam a Gamer so i will be buying a High End Pc. 8)
adi4u4882
Top Poster
Top Poster

Topic Starter

Postby kadavil » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:08 am

hehe i have no hope of getting a new phone either :wheelchair

gamer you say? do you play battlefield??? :P
kadavil
Donor
Top Poster
Top Poster

Thanks given: 81 times
Thanks received: 153 times

Postby f.h.2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:08 pm

kadavil wrote:hehe i have no hope of getting a new phone either :wheelchair

gamer you say? do you play battlefield??? :P

i want to play it but i can not ... can you say me that how to install directx on my pc?
f.h.2
Bada Senior
Bada Senior

Thanks given: 3 times
Thanks received: 7 times

Postby Sid.7 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:15 pm

result ????
previous phones N96 -- Wave II
current phone -- Galaxy S II
Next phone --- Galaxy note 2(hopefully)
Sid.7
Donor
Top Poster
Top Poster

Thanks given: 93 times
Thanks received: 86 times

Postby adi4u4882 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Sid.7 wrote:result ????

First i have to Modify the bootfiles with help from xda members and then iam going to try flashing /porting :) Or i will try to start from scrap and if i have any success i will post it here.
adi4u4882
Top Poster
Top Poster

Topic Starter

Next

Return to Android Porting