How to update my bada 1.2 wave 2 to bada 2.0

Discuss anything about Samsungs bada 2.0 here. Screenshots, leaks, firmware, anything.

Re: How to update my bada 1.2 wave 2 to bada 2.0

Postby badidle » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:35 pm

How do you update. Step by step, no videos please. I have already tried Kies but that kept getting stuck and has now knack'd my phone (I get a pic of phone and pc connected on power up). Ideally I'd like to be able to recover to factory set up if circumventing Kies, way I see it I will be returning it to shop soon since it is broken and would be nice to remain warranty compliant if I can't fix it myself, preferably with officiously signed firmwares.

badidle
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 0

Postby chandanexpertise » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 am

badidle wrote:How do you update. Step by step, no videos please. I have already tried Kies but that kept getting stuck and has now knack'd my phone (I get a pic of phone and pc connected on power up). Ideally I'd like to be able to recover to factory set up if circumventing Kies, way I see it I will be returning it to shop soon since it is broken and would be nice to remain warranty compliant if I can't fix it myself, preferably with officiously signed firmwares.

First of all, provide this info:

Which region are you in? Go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3 to check if a firmware is available for your region via Kies.
If yes, then just restart your phone, restart comp, make sure you have a working internet connection with no proxies blocking it, connect the phone to comp in "kies" mode. Once connected, Kies will automatically tell you if you have an update waiting (if not, then check kies settings to see if the option is disabled). The firmware will download and your phone will be upgraded. (Of course you will have to back up your data since it will wipe your phone clean. Remove memory card, etc)

If no "official" version is available and you still want to upgrade to 2.0, you can download the (unofficial i.e. beta) firmware for your region or any other region with the links from http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3 (get the one which has been released most recently) and you will have to follow the steps to "flash" the firmware into the phone. These steps are provided in the video and text links given by other members previously in this thread. Do read them and proceed only if you have a good understanding of the steps.
GT-S8530 - Ebony Grey \m/
chandanexpertise
Bada Junior
Bada Junior

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 11 times

Postby badidle » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 am

@chandanexpertise,

I'm in UK and have already given Kies the opportunity to update and ruin my phone.

What would be really useful is an alternative to Kies that won't void the warranty. Failing that a way to get it back to a warranty returnable state after using an alternative would be good.

Kies was an epic fail IMO.
badidle
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 0

Postby danlolasdad » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 pm

??? :?:
danlolasdad
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Thanks given: 4 times
Thanks received: 3 times

Postby chandanexpertise » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:34 am

badidle wrote:@chandanexpertise,

I'm in UK and have already given Kies the opportunity to update and ruin my phone.

What would be really useful is an alternative to Kies that won't void the warranty. Failing that a way to get it back to a warranty returnable state after using an alternative would be good.

Kies was an epic fail IMO.

Kies screwed your phone? Thats.. new...

Just check with the service center. Kies f*ck ups mostly are covered under warranty. You should not be in any trouble unless you have done something which Kies explicitly stated that you shouldn't.

Also, is your phone SIM locked? If yes then you should somehow unlock it to flash manually.

Any other method (apart from Kies I mean) of flashing your phone will void the warranty (Again, unless you screw up badly, you should be able to revert back to old firmware and the service center wont know the difference if you want to claim warranty on anything)
To flash manually, go to the sammobile.com link I provided before, download UK firmware for your carrier and follow the video tutorial provided by the others.
GT-S8530 - Ebony Grey \m/
chandanexpertise
Bada Junior
Bada Junior

Thanks given: 5 times
Thanks received: 11 times

Postby christopher » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:13 pm

help me upgrade my unit into 2.0 version plzzz...somebody
christopher
Bada Noob
Bada Noob