Installation Problem - Runtime Error

The Samsung Kies Section is for members to discuss/trubleshoot anything relating to Samsung Kies.

Installation Problem - Runtime Error

Postby Bifford » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 am

Well, the first version of Samsung Kies was pretty rubbish and wouldn't let me do 75% of it's features due to errors and "file not found" rubbish.

So when version 2 (final) came out I had hopes for it. I uninstalled the old version, ran Registry Mechanic AND CCleaner to ensure that all traces of the old version were obliterated. Rebooted. Tried to install version 2.0.0.11014_49_2.

It gets so far then throws up the following error:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program ...

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

For a start the lack of exact details about which program file is causing that is a pain.
I've searched the net and all sites say the R6034 problem is due to a problem in the Registry. But I have used Registry Mechanic and CCleaner numerous times to try to solve it.

The only effect is that whereas the first time I installed Kies2 and it hit that error it then "rolled back" the installation, now after it error's it will complete the installation. However when I try to run the program all I get is a "Program has stopped working...Windows is trying to solve the problem" box.

Frankly I am disgusted that such a huge company as Samsung can not get such a major program to work properly (the first version should never have been released in the state it was! and now I can't even install this version properly!!)

If I could just get the thing to run at least then I could maybe get somewhere.....

Sam

Bifford
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Topic Starter
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 0

Re: Installation Problem - Runtime Error

Postby KaiE » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:37 am

I have the same problem! chit, cant even uninstall it...:(
does anyone know how to solve this problem?
-Kai
KaiE
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 0

Return to Samsung Kies