csharp wrote:hi, i have windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition and Samsung Kies doesnt seem to be working on my system.
I reinstalled 6-7 times already, and i have put the installation file and the Samsung Kies.exe into "Run as Adminstrator, run as windows xp service pack 2" and it still does not work.
The error is either it does not even start or when I start, the widgets in Kies does not load and says an error.
What is going on?
Is Kies working adequately on any version of WIndows?
"What's going on?" is the question!
I'm dumping my Wave till something replaces this piece of garbage.
Pasting what I wrote in another thread:
Kies is one of the worst piece of software I ever came across since 20 years I am inlvolved with computing. All the the advantages of the (otherwise) great Samsung Wave are defeated by Kies's shortcomings . A huge disservice to Samsung Wave and Bada. I can't imagine how Samsung select their developers. The installer is 133 MB! The thing we need could hold in 5 MB.
The list of things that needs improving, fixing or that are just missing is too great to enumerate.
The latest frustrations to date:
- I want to buy an application from Samsung Apps, but Kies warns me it should be updated; but even the update won't work. Downloading the newer version from the web works erratically (doesn't sync with the phone).
- impossible to delete an empty folder from the pc
- no thumbnails when managing images
- no obvious way to access the external (or internal) memory from MS explorer or any file manager program
- no backup widget! If there is a backup utility, where is it?
- too many useless widget apps: everybody have better photo & video viewers and editors, burning and ripping, whilst direct access to the phone data is missing
- incomprehensible control (if any) of synchronisation with Outlook
- firmware upgrade doesn't work: keeps telling you to close running widgets when none are running
- the older Kies version installed from the Wave CD (1.5.0..?) was declared the latest when testing for upgrades
- when getting in tethering mode, it doesn't remember the last connection settings and it's not possible to save them
- if I choose to browse Samsung Apps in a language I know (UK), I am told to go to Samsung Apps of the country I reside (Thailand), where you don't have the option to chose another language than Thai - which is like Chinese to me - for menus! So it becomes a guesswork to fall on the app you are looking for. And when you get there, the payment by credit card simply won't work.
Impossible to "improve" the hopelessly designed Kies . Quick, please, a Kies substitute!