Samsung Kies doesn't work on windows 7 64 bit

The Samsung Kies Section is for members to discuss/trubleshoot anything relating to Samsung Kies.

Samsung Kies doesn't work on windows 7 64 bit

Postby csharp » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 pm

hi, i have windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition and Samsung Kies doesnt seem to be working on my system.
I reinstalled 6-7 times already, and i have put the installation file and the Samsung Kies.exe into "Run as Adminstrator, run as windows xp service pack 2" and it still does not work.

The error is either it does not even start or when I start, the widgets in Kies does not load and says an error.

What is going on?

csharp
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Topic Starter
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 0

Re: Samsung Kies doesn't work on windows 7 64 bit

Postby alderi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 pm

csharp wrote:hi, i have windows 7 64 bit ultimate edition and Samsung Kies doesnt seem to be working on my system.
I reinstalled 6-7 times already, and i have put the installation file and the Samsung Kies.exe into "Run as Adminstrator, run as windows xp service pack 2" and it still does not work.

The error is either it does not even start or when I start, the widgets in Kies does not load and says an error.

What is going on?

Is Kies working adequately on any version of WIndows?
"What's going on?" is the question!
I'm dumping my Wave till something replaces this piece of garbage.

Pasting what I wrote in another thread:
Kies is one of the worst piece of software I ever came across since 20 years I am inlvolved with computing. All the the advantages of the (otherwise) great Samsung Wave are defeated by Kies's shortcomings . A huge disservice to Samsung Wave and Bada. I can't imagine how Samsung select their developers. The installer is 133 MB! The thing we need could hold in 5 MB.

The list of things that needs improving, fixing or that are just missing is too great to enumerate.

The latest frustrations to date:
- I want to buy an application from Samsung Apps, but Kies warns me it should be updated; but even the update won't work. Downloading the newer version from the web works erratically (doesn't sync with the phone).
- impossible to delete an empty folder from the pc
- no thumbnails when managing images
- no obvious way to access the external (or internal) memory from MS explorer or any file manager program
- no backup widget! If there is a backup utility, where is it?
- too many useless widget apps: everybody have better photo & video viewers and editors, burning and ripping, whilst direct access to the phone data is missing
- incomprehensible control (if any) of synchronisation with Outlook
- firmware upgrade doesn't work: keeps telling you to close running widgets when none are running
- the older Kies version installed from the Wave CD (1.5.0..?) was declared the latest when testing for upgrades
- when getting in tethering mode, it doesn't remember the last connection settings and it's not possible to save them
- if I choose to browse Samsung Apps in a language I know (UK), I am told to go to Samsung Apps of the country I reside (Thailand), where you don't have the option to chose another language than Thai - which is like Chinese to me - for menus! So it becomes a guesswork to fall on the app you are looking for. And when you get there, the payment by credit card simply won't work.
- etc...
Impossible to "improve" the hopelessly designed Kies . Quick, please, a Kies substitute!
Last edited by alderi on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
alderi
Bada Junior
Bada Junior

Postby kingkij » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:40 am

its true that kies is not working properly. but at least i can install it and i could connect my phone to it.I have same OS like you.WIN7 64bit Ultimate.i generally get error on starting samsung apps. but others widgets are working fine.although i rarely open kies.
Subscribe to Bada Forums rss feeds.
Subscribe to Bada Forums by email
Follow us on Twitter @badaforums
kingkij
Top Poster
Top Poster

Thanks given: 14 times
Thanks received: 29 times

Postby raghul » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:59 pm

its working on my WIN 7 64-BIT no problems yet..... the occasional F-ups are there though.. but not that annoying....
raghul
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Postby Jainendra » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Sorry to revive old thread :(
Kies does not even start on Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit :(
Tried all this :
1. Compatibility mode to XP SP3
2. Run as Administartor
3. Uninstalled and re-installed latest version (1.5.3.xxx)

Any ideas guys..........
NOBODY is PERFECT and I am NOBODY
Jainendra
Bada Junior
Bada Junior

Thanks given: 1
Thanks received: 1

Postby jemic1960 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Same problem here. Kies runs VERY slowly on win7 64bit, if it runs. Poorest software I've ever used.
jemic1960
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Postby mrb » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 am

Agree! and Samsung don't even care - either by phone or email - to resolve or try to resolve the problem...
mrb
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Postby oliversweb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 pm

I think its a net 4 issue ... comment out of config and try again.
oliversweb
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Return to Samsung Kies