Serious error - Fota Engine is not installed

Discuss the FIRST Samsung Bada phone here. Specs include: 3.3-inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen, 1 GHz Hummingbird chipset, 5 megapixel camera, Wifi b/g/n and a microSD card slot.

Serious error - Fota Engine is not installed

Postby jselva » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:16 am

Hi

The firmware upgrading that I was installing was interrupted with an error. Now, I cannot do anything with the phone. It appears on the screen "Fota engine is not installed" and I cannot even switch off the phone. Any suggestions please? Thank you very much

jselva
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Topic Starter
Thanks given: 0
Thanks received: 0

Re: Serious error - Fota Engine is not installed

Postby jody » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:38 am

Turn your phone off (take battery out), put battery back in and turn it into download mode ( press Volume down, power button and camera button at SAME TIME) and flash it with the loader from darkforest (link below)

http://darkforestgroup.com/archives/96 => folow the steps carefully, after you succeeded the flash normally you phone will be running again, then connect with kies and flash it again(with newest firmware), problem should be fixed

edit: flash your phone with JF1 firmware first (link below), it's most stable, you can update your phone after with kies

Link to firmware: http://netload.in/dateiMnCXvLyN5q.htm
jody
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Postby jselva » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 am

Thank you very much jody
jselva
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Topic Starter

Postby guipiresborges » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Thank you very much jody
guipiresborges
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Postby linmic05 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:29 am

Hi to all, new to badaforums, but i have had this exact issue happening to me. I read something about needing a fully charged battery in order to use the download method on my phone. The problem i am having is i cannot get the download (pressing lock, volume down, on/off button) to work. When i connect my via usb, i press those buttons download screen comes on and switches off within 2 seconds. Then a white screen appears with the fota engine not installed, Plz install below etc etc. I am going to try charging my battery via an odd method and hopefully it will allow me time to use the download option if its charged. Anybody have some sound advice for me. Will be appreciated, i want to revert my phone to its original bada, as some technical issues have come up using bada 2 (europe), and its rather annoying when exiting out of an app, and getting a blue screen, then taking battery out and having to reset the time and date all the time. Anyways hope to hear from anyone soon
linmic05
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Postby linmic05 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am

Well to all who did not know, the battery was depleted, managed to get the download working to the phone, but as murphy would have it, the phone goes on loads bada, then has a pic of a sim card on the phone, with dots flashing below it, then it hangs like that. I left it for 2 hrs, hoping it was just loading settings, but alas.... lol. Yes i did put my sim and memory card in, but it still does the same thing. Anything i am missing. Help is appreciated. Thanks
linmic05
Bada Noob
Bada Noob

Return to Samsung Wave Forum (S8500)