Hemp Oil and Hair
Hemp oil is extracted from hemp seeds. Rest assured, unlike hemp leaves, also known as hemp, it has no psychotropic influence! On the contrary, it proves to be quite beneficial for several elements of our body, especially those made of keratin, in this case, the skin, hair, and nails.
These are not its only benefits:
- It is very rich in essential fatty acids.
- Thanks to the quantity of omega 3 and omega 6 that it contains, it is anti-inflammatory.
- It also slows down the desquamation of dry skin, by reinforcing the cohesion of the cells of the corneal layer, the keratinocytes.
- It contains a large number of vitamins, in particular of the B group and vitamin E, known for its antioxidant properties.
- It is very much used in cosmetics because it has the enormous advantage of being odorless, thus not modifying the perfumes of the essences introduced in the products.
- The point on the benefits of hemp oil is in our article.
Effects of hemp oil on hair
Just like our skin, our hair is made of keratin:
- Keratin is produced by the horny cells, called keratinocytes, located at the root of the hair, at the level of the scalp.
- When the horny cells dry out, the hair’s cuticle – its outermost envelope – is weakened. The scales that make it up expand and separate. The hair loses its shine, becomes soft, and tends to fall out.
- But the influence of weakened horny cells is not limited to the skin and hair. The nails, which are also made up of horny cells, are also weakened.
- Hemp oil is excellent for strengthening the hair and promoting the cohesion of the cuticle scales. In the same way, it promotes the cohesion of the keratinocytes of the skin, as well as those of the nails.
It also has soothing properties and is therefore ideal for sensitive scalps.
Use of hemp oil on hair
You can use it externally, or as a cure, internally. Click this reference for more info on the effects of hemp oil.
Hemp oil can be applied directly to your hair, like a mask:
- It will act on your hair in the manner of a fortifier and will bring to shine flexibility and volume. It will eliminate the desquamating cells of the scalp, in particular, if they are dry.
- Simply apply 2 tablespoons of oil on your dry hair, massaging carefully the scalp.
- Leave the product on for 5 minutes. Then stretch it with a brush or a comb on the lengths, insisting on the ends. Leave it on for as long as possible.
- You can wrap a dry towel around your hair to keep the scalp warm and help the active ingredients penetrate.
- Then, wash your hair as usual, using shampoo and conditioner.
- You can repeat this treatment every week, before each wash.
Hemp oil can also be consumed pure, as a treatment:
- It will then act in a global way, on the skin and the phones.
- Take one tablespoon in the morning on an empty stomach, for one month.
You will quickly feel the changes brought to the organs rich in keratin:
- Your skin will feel supple, it will feel moisturized.
- Your hair will be softer to the touch, it will have more shine, and will gain flexibility.
- Your nails will be strengthened. If they had a tendency to crack or split, these inconveniences will disappear quickly. They will be repaired and strengthened in record time!